When I say I’m pro-life…
A must-read, by desliz:
It doesn’t mean I’m religious.
Because I’m not.
It doesn’t mean I hate LGBT community.
Because I am a supporter.
It doesn’t mean I force women to give birth.
Because I never will.
Take what you want from my blog, but never assume I’m just your stereotypical pro-lifer. It is VERY possible to ask questions, state your opinions in a civil manner on this blog. I am respectful and I enjoy answering all questions received!
Thanks for following! :)
Let me tell you some things.
I used to investigate child abuse and neglect. I can tell you how to stop the vast majority of abortion in the world.
First, make knowledge and access to contraception widely available. Start teaching kids before they hit puberty. Teach them about domestic violence and coercion, and teach them not to coerce and rape. Create a strong, loving community where women and girls feel safe and supported in times of need. Because guess what? They aren’t. You know what happens to babies born under such circumstances? They get hurt, unnecessarily. They get sick, unnecessarily. They get removed from parents who love them but who are unprepared for the burden of a child. Resources? Honey, we try. There aren’t enough resources anywhere. There are waiting lists, and promises, and maybes. If the government itself can’t hook people up, what makes you think an impoverished single mom can handle it?
Abolish poverty. Do you have any idea how much childcare costs? Daycare can cost as much or more than monthly rent. They may be inadequately staffed. Getting a private nanny is a nice idea, but they don’t come cheap either. Relatives? Do they own a car? Does the bus run at the right times? Do they have jobs of their own they need to work just to keep the lights on? Are they going to stick around until you get off you convenience store shift at 4 AM? Do they have criminal histories that will make them unsuitable as caregivers when CPS pokes around? You gonna pay for that? Who’s going to pay for that?
End rape. I know your type errs on the side of blaming the woman, but I’ve seen little girls who’ve barely gotten their periods pregnant because somebody thought raping preteens was an awesome idea. You want to put a child through that? Or someone with a mental or physical inability for whom pregnancy would be frightening, painful or even life-threatening? I’ve seen nonverbal kids who had their feet sliced up by caregivers for no fucking reason at all, you think sexual abuse doesn’t happen either?
You say there’s lots of couples who want to adopt. Kiddo, what they want to adopt are healthy white babies, preferably untainted by the wombs and genetics of women with alcohol or drug dependencies. I’ve seen the kids they don’t want, who almost no one wants. You people focus only on the happy pink babies, the gigglers, the ones who grow and grow with no trouble. Those are not the kids who linger in foster care. Those are certainly not the older kids and teenagers who age out of foster care and then are thrown out in the streets, usually with an array of medical and mental health issues. Are they too old to count?
And yeah, I’ve seen the babies, little hand-sized things barely clinging to life. There’s no glory, no wonder there. There is no wonder in a pregnant woman with five dollars to her name, so deep in depression you wonder if she’ll be alive in a week. Therapy costs money. Medicine costs money. Food, clothes, electricity cost money. Government assistance is a pittance; poverty drives women and girls into situations where they are forced to rely on people who abuse them to survive. (I’ve been up in more hospitals than I can count.)
In each and every dark pit of desperation, I have never seen a pro-lifer. I ain’t never seen them babysitting, scrubbing floors, bringing over goods, handing mom $50 bucks a month or driving her to the pediatrician. I ain’t never seen them sitting up for hours with an autistic child who screams and rages so his mother can get some sleep while she rests up from working 14-hour days. I don’t see them fixing leaks in rundown houses or playing with a kid while the police prepare to interview her about her sexual abuse. They’re not paying for the funerals of babies and children who died after birth, when they truly do become independent organisms. And the crazy thing is they think they’ve already done their job, because the child was born!
Aphids give birth, girl. It’s no miracle. You want to speak for the weak? Get off your high horse and get your hands dirty helping the poor, the isolated, the ill and mentally ill women and mothers and their children who already breathe the dirty air. You are doing nothing, absolutely nothing, for children. You don’t have a flea’s comprehension of injustice. You are not doing shit for life until you get in there and fight that darkness. Until you understand that abortion is salvation in a world like ours. Does that sound too hard? Do you really think suffering post-birth is more permissible, less worthy of outrage?
“Pro-life” is simply a philosophy in which the only life worth saving is the one that can be saved by punishing a woman.
25453 Notes/ Hide
- rosebud11450 reblogged this from missdollydecomp
- ninjatwins reblogged this from arinrowan
- mydigitalhallucination likes this
- gawdsvagina reblogged this from rhaenystargaryens
- arinrowan reblogged this from tirsynni
- glittermorgue likes this
- sexyplexi reblogged this from speakgirl
- clowmaster reblogged this from lazarus-james and added:
- cubicalcranium reblogged this from honeycum
- terraindereve reblogged this from filleinhabituelle
- egoexnihilo likes this
- filleinhabituelle reblogged this from turnipspirit
- accents-are-sexy likes this
- 333thesemichrist likes this
- shevrolet reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- ellesadventuresinwonderland reblogged this from red-thecolourofdesire
- be-a-confident-wreck likes this
- 2spooky1cup likes this
- breakfast-at-milliways reblogged this from destromeo
- felizce likes this
- red-thecolourofdesire reblogged this from homeiswerethetardis
- destromeo reblogged this from hannibalspastrychef
- hannibalspastrychef reblogged this from homeiswerethetardis
- tooo-uncreative-to-find-a-name likes this
- homeiswerethetardis reblogged this from idjitswillsavetheworld
- eyelovetree likes this
- magnusbanedd reblogged this from homeiswerethetardis
- idjitswillsavetheworld reblogged this from songofages
- arguablysolid likes this
- jstarfox likes this
- jamesdominic likes this
- kissyouineyegulps reblogged this from spookeasy
- nianeyna likes this
- celestialdirt reblogged this from spookeasy
- fireandwheat likes this
- madhomance reblogged this from ohai-ohia and added:
- ohai-ohia reblogged this from the-city-mouse and added:
- spookeasy reblogged this from the-city-mouse
- the-city-mouse reblogged this from waywardhive
- sotamale likes this
- least-favorite-option reblogged this from shesdancingal0ne-sobeautiful
- shesdancingal0ne-sobeautiful reblogged this from bravegrrl
- soudeaisthebest likes this
- communistinamerica likes this
- femmefiles reblogged this from waywardhive
- femmefiles likes this
- a-perfect-day-for-peachfish likes this
- waywardhive reblogged this from sheofsilence